- Texas State Capitol – There are free tours daily around the oldest surviving state office structure.
- Float along the river – There are tour companies available that will hook you up with tubes and ice chests, all you need to do is bring the beer and enjoy the sunshine.
- Watch the bats – The Congress bridge is home to around 1.5 million bats from spring right through to fall.
- Get on a food tour – The food in Austin is legendary so you have to get some local knowledge behind you and try out all it has to offer.
- Listen to Live Music – You cannot come to the “Live Music Capital of the World” and not check out some. There are plenty of places for you to check out.
- Hike Mount Bonnell – Considered the highest point in Austin this will give you spectacular views of the area.
- Visit Barton Springs – This swimming hole is filled with cold fresh spring water. It is centrally located and they charge $3 for locals to get it in.
- South Congress Hotel on the First Thursday of the month – All night happy hour and great musicians. It is a great place to meet some young professionals who are working in Austin.
- Drink an Indian Paintbrush – You can find Austins official drink at Garage in the warehouse district. it consists of grapefruit juice, bitters, rosemary syrup, lime juice—and lots of vodka.
- Check out the sunset at the Oasis – This place is a little drive from downtown but it well worth it. Sat on a hilltop the view over Lake Travis is stunning.
- Learn to two-step at the Broken Spoke – Dance lessons start at 8pm most nights and is open to beginners and the more advanced.
Are you considering a move to Austin, Texas? Get in touch with one of our headhunters and find out how we could help you find your next career move. Check out our Austin, Texas featured location page to find out more information about careers in Austin.
Leave A Comment